This Recommendation | International Standard defines a Systems Management Function which may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized management environment to interact for the purpose of systems management, as defined by CCITT Rec. X.700 | ISO/IEC 7498-4. This Recommendation | International Standard defines the Command Sequencer which consists of generic definitions, services and functional units. This function is positioned in the application layer of ITU-T Rec. X.200 | ISO/IEC 7498-1 and is defined according to the model provided by ISO 9545. The role of systems management functions is described by ITU Rec. X.701 | ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
– establishes user requirements for the Command Sequencer;
– establishes models that relate the services provided by the function to user requirements;
– defines the services provided by the function;
– specifies the protocol that is necessary in order to provide the services;
– defines the relationship between the services and SMI operations and notifications;
– defines relationships with other systems management functions;
– specifies conformance requirements;
– defines a scripting language for use in the command sequencer environment.
This Recommendation | International Standard does not:
– define the nature of any implementation intended to provide the Command Sequencer;
– specify the manner in which management is accomplished by the use of the Command Sequencer;
– define the nature of any instructions which result in the use of the Command Sequencer;
– specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal, abnormal release of management associations.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 1998-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 172
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1 Information technology
- ICS :
- 35.100.70 Application layer
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.