- specifies a tree structure for allocations made by a hierarchical structure of Registration Authorities, called the international object identifier (OID) tree, which supports the ASN.1 OBJECT IDENTIFIER type and the ASN.1 OID-IRI type (ISO/IEC 8824-1);
- registers top-level arcs of the international OID tree;
- specifies procedures which are generally applicable to registration at any level of the international OID tree;
- provides guidelines for the establishment and operation of International Registration Authorities for use, when needed, by other ITU-T Recommendations and/or International Standards;
- provides guidelines for additional ITU-T Recommendations and/or International Standards which choose to reference the procedures in ISO/IEC 9834-1:2012;
- provides a recommended fee structure for lower-level Registration Authorities.
Information about registration for specific objects is contained in separate ITU-T Recommendations and/or International Standards.
ISO/IEC 9834-1:2012 applies to registration by ITU-T Recommendations and/or International Standards, by International Registration Authorities, and by any other Registration Authority.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2012-05
Edition: 4Number of pages: 24
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 6 Telecommunications and information exchange between systems
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|