This document defines a set of lossless (bit-preserving) and lossy compression methods for coding continuous-tone, bi-level, grey-scale, colour digital still images, or multi-component images.
– specifies extended decoding processes for converting compressed image data to reconstructed image data;
– specifies an extended codestream syntax containing information for interpreting the compressed image data;
– specifies an extended file format;
– specifies a container to store image metadata;
– defines a standard set of image metadata;
– provides guidance on extended encoding processes for converting source image data to compressed image data;
– provides guidance on how to implement these processes in practice.
Status: Under development
Edition: 3Number of pages: 335
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|