ISO 24521:2016 provides guidance for the management of basic on-site domestic wastewater services, using appropriate technologies in their entirety at any level of development.
ISO 24521:2016 supplements and is intended to be used in conjunction with ISO 24511. It includes the following:
· guidelines for the management of basic on-site domestic wastewater services from the operator's perspective, including maintenance techniques, training of personnel and risk considerations;
· guidelines for the management of basic on-site domestic wastewater services from the perspective of users;
· guidance on the design and construction of basic on-site domestic wastewater systems;
· guidance on planning, operation and maintenance, and health and safety issues.
The following are outside the scope of ISO 24521:2016:
· limits of acceptability for wastewater discharged into a receiving body;
· analytical methods;
· the management structure of sanitary waste/wastewater service activities of operation and management;
· the content of contracts or subcontracts.
ISO 24521:2016 is applicable to both publicly and privately operated basic on-site domestic wastewater (black and grey water) services, for one or more dwellings.
Status: Under development
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 224 Drinking water, wastewater and stormwater systems and services
- ICS :
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
ISO/WD 24521Stage: 20.20
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.