Services represent more than two thirds of World Gross Domestic Product (GDP), according to the World Trade Organization. They are a core economic activity, contributing more to GDP than both industry and agriculture combined. The services revolution creates new commercial opportunities and underpins virtually every economic activity.
ISO develops International Standards that help ensure that services are of a consistent, high quality. This has a number of benefits:
For consumers, it means you can have more confidence in all types of services ranging from phone bills to tourism.
For business, ensuring a good quality service helps differentiate your business from the competition, bringing concrete economic benefits.
In addition to the services-specific standards shown below ISO also develops standard in the areas of training, tourism, leisure and hospitality services, transport, and services for consumers.
Getting people involved in creating better servicesIn 2019 we held a services workshop in Singapore. You can find out more about the programme, the speakers and the presentations given by visiting our events page. You can find out more about the programme, the speakers and the presentations given by visiting the event website.
The people who develop standards
Covering almost every sector you can think of, from Assistive products to Zinc alloys, ISO has over 200 technical committees. Below we've listed just a handful that we think will be of particular interest to you. If it doesn't have what you're looking for, you can find the complete list of technical committees here.
Related ISO technical committees
- Financial services
- Excellence in service
- Drinking water, wastewater and stormwater systems and services
- Market, opinion and social research
- Tourism and related services
- Education and learning services
- Tourism and related servicesRequirements and guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in the tourism industry
- Quality managementCustomer satisfactionGuidelines for complaints handling in organizations
- Water efficiency management systemsRequirements with guidance for use
Visit the ISO Store to buy more standards