This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2009. Therefore this version remains current.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
- provides an overview to the family of systems management standards;
- establishes the basis for partitioning the systems management standards into separate groups, specifying the scope of each group and identifying the principal components within each group;
- gives guidance on the development of systems management standards and identifies the way they relate to each other;
- defines terms for use by other systems management standards;
- is applicable to the definition of all systems management standards and to all aspects of systems management of whatever scale;
- is applicable to situations in which the responsibility for systems management is centralized and those where it is decentralized;
- establishes a model for systems management, identifies several aspects of systems management (i.e. information, functional, communications, and organizational), and further refines the model to clarify these aspects;
- identifies the principles governing conformance requirements and conformance claims to systems management standards.
There are no conformance requirements on the main body of this Recommendation | International Standard, however it does specify requirements on standards claiming compliance to systems management.
Annex A defines an application context for systems management and specifies the rules for negotiating systems management functional units. There are conformance requirements associated with these rules.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 1998-10
Edition: 2Number of pages: 27
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1 Information technology
- ICS :
- 35.100.70 Application layer
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 145|
|std 2 145||Paper|
ISO/IEC 10040:1992/Amd 1:1995Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 10040:1992/Cor 1:1994Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 10040:1992/Cor 2:1996
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.